Thursday, April 30, 2009

So last week I went up to San Francisco for undisclosed personal and professional reasons. Everyone knows how I feel about San Francisco. I love it. Its glorious hills, bohemian culture, phenomenal food, amazing museums and galleries. Its a world class city in the likes of Paris and Amsterdam, America's bold, liberal, creative beacon of hope. Well, that's how I used to feel. I stayed in the Mission and its dirtier than I remembered. I mean super dirty, but that's cool. I like dirt. I ate at Pancho Villa and Taqueria Cancun. The food was cheap. I drank at Cassanovas. Two beers, 3 bucks. Ok sounds good, right? Well, then my car got keyed on Shotwell St.. I mean really fucken keyed. Then, two nights later my car was broken into, shattered windows and all on 14th St. Ugh. Is it because I have a mid-size SUV w/ Honda of Hollywood plates? Is San Francisco too cool to give a shit? Yes.
People had a hard time with my plight. Is it my Rayban Wayfarers, my wifes designer shoes, our L.A.-centric attitude? Sorry I like cable TV. Screw me if I am a heterosexual. Sorry we registered at Bloomingdales. And no, our cake was not vegan.
What has happened to me, I finally love L.A. and San Francisco hates me.
I was not prepared for this, nor do I have pictures to prove it. ( camera was stolen in the break in)